Augmentinel — ChangeLog
Version 1.5 (2020-06-14)
- looking up in VR now shows the player energy icons.
- added seated VR play using keyboard/mouse controls.
- added option to use VR headset as pointing device instead of controllers.
- improved target point highlight and VR pointer line.
- player now always faces the default VR direction, to reduce in-game turning.
- changed cursor key steps to 30 degrees for yaw and and 10 degrees for pitch.
- added automatic input capture when starting the VR version.
- fixed frozen VR controller model if switched off during gameplay.
Version 1.4 (2020-06-10)
- relaxed tile targetting to include surrounding slopes.
- increased vertical FOV and removed fixed view aspect ratio.
- added HRTF spatial audio support, enabled by default.
- added player and final object rotation to landscape preview.
- added slow rotation of landscape preview.
- added fallback to HMD position if no controllers detected (WIP).
- removed secret code validation of INI entries.
- fixed bug causing hidden or rotating trees (thanks Grant!).
- updated to OpenVR SDK v1.12.5
Version 1.3 (2019-10-06)
- fixed awkward pointer direction on some VR controllers.
- added bindings for Valve Index controllers.
- updated to OpenVR SDK v1.7.15
Version 1.2 (2019-08-30)
- reduced create/absorb duration from 2 seconds to 1.4 seconds.
- reduced default Sentinel rotation time from 12 to 10 seconds.
- allow player actions to overlap Sentinel/sentry object changes.
- added Commodore Amiga sound pack, which is the new default.
- added bindable OpenVR actions for 11/45/90 degree turn steps.
- added support for restoring the last window state on startup.
- added option for MSAA sample count (default is 4x).
- removed use OpenVR mirror API, to supprt OpenComposite.
- fixed pointer line passing through objects.
- fixed stuck skyward view when clicking back on main window.
- updated to OpenVR SDK v1.6.10b.
Version 1.1 (2019-06-10)
- added VR support for OpenVR-compatible headsets.
- added launcher to select play mode and various options.
- added sky view from PC/ST/Amiga versions.
- added BBC Micro and Sinclair Spectrum sound effect packs.
- added music from Amiga version, or user’s own WAVs.
- added difficulty setting to adjust sentinel rotation rate.
- added optional access to hex landscapes (57344 total levels).
- added hyperspace shortcut (transfer when pointing up).
- added installer for Windows version selection and easier launching.
- changed so turn animations no longer block user interaction.
- fixed level load and tile visibility issues (thanks Jorma!).
Version 1.0 (2019-04-01)