fdrawcmd.sys — ChangeLog
Version 18.104.22.168 (2010-04-25)
- Worked around index sync issue with buggy FDCs by avoiding size=0.
Version 22.214.171.124 [refresh] (2008-12-21)
- FdInstall.dll is no longer UPX-compressed, to avoid a virus false-positive.
- ALL installation message boxes are now suppressed during silent installation.
Version 126.96.36.199 (2008-09-29)
- Sector size codes >= 8 now treated as 32K.
IOCTL_FDCMD_FORMAT_AND_WRITE now implemented for compatible FDCs.
Version 188.8.131.52 [refresh 2] (2007-01-05)
- UPX no longer used to compress installer, to avoid virus scanner false-positive.
Version 184.108.40.206 [refresh] (2006-12-27)
- Single installer for both x86 and x64 platforms.
- Added support for Windows Vista.
- Driver code unchanged in this release, so no version number change.
Version 220.127.116.11 (2006-05-07)
- A motor timeout of 0 seconds can now be used to prevent the motor switching off.
Version 18.104.22.168 (2006-03-30)
- Fixed short-write start race condition on SMP/HyperThreaded systems.
Version 22.214.171.124 (2006-03-15)
- Fixed legacy
FD_SCAN_TRACK use, which sometimes needed recalibration before seeking.
- Fixed raw reads failing to start if the request size was above the DMA limit.
- Fixed possible crash if control device was open during driver restart/update.
Version 126.96.36.199 (2006-03-12)
- Fixed large raw-read transfer crash on AMD64 (thanks Toni!).
- Fixed track wrap error in layout scanning when first sector is close to index hole.
Version 188.8.131.52 (2006-03-08)
- Added raw track reading support using Disk2FDI’s 2 drive method.
- Fixed acquire-only commands holding on to the controller if motor was off.
Version 184.108.40.206 (2006-02-05)
- Changed default motor timeout to 2 seconds.
- Default controller settings are now restored for each device handle.
- Controller now locked when device open, so manual lock/unlock are deprecated.
- Recalibrate and Seek commands no longer require a disk in the drive.
- Read/write commands now use caller-specified buffer for size codes > 7.
- Fixed access to sector id 255, which was returning
- Fixed crash when reading/writing sectors with size codes >= 32.
- Fixed possible crash if device was in use across a driver restart/update.
- Fixed Configure and Specify commands, which checked the input buffer against pointer size instead of structure size!
- Missing data field is now reported as
ERROR_SECTOR_NOT_FOUND instead of
- ReadId now returns
ERROR_CRC for CRC errors, instead of reporting as
- Improved index sync, for better support of small sector sizes and early track starts.
- Updated header to use only fixed size types, for 64-bit compatibility.
- Removed cyl value from
FD_SCAN_PARAMS structure, but still allow old-style calls for compatibility.
- Added head tracking for safer seek bounds checking.
- Added sector sync for duplicate sector id support.
- Added support for custom head-settle times, for optimal use of modern drives.
- Added support for reading count of unprocessed controller data.
- Added timed track scanning to allow sector positions to be determined.
- Added short-write support for truncated sectors, CRC errors, weak sectors, etc.
Version 220.127.116.11 (2005-07-08)