Galemu is a Galaksija emulator for the SAM Coupé. It emulates the Yugoslavian Galaxy home computer, a Z80-based kit machine released in 1983.
The SAM version was ported from Tomaz Kac's Sinclair Spectrum version, with the following changes:
- Mode 2 display, avoiding the mode 1 Spectrum compatibility slow-down
- Stack based address look-ups to reduce drawing calculations
- Frame difference drawing for massive speed-up
- Framerate limiter to stop the emulator running too fast (!)
- Compact matrix-based keyboard scanner
- Disk loading of .gtp tape images
- Miscellaneous optimisations
Many thanks to Tomaz Kac for supplying source code, tape images, and technical help! Thanks also to Mark Boyd for his original display code wizardry.
Version 1.0, last updated 20th February 2007.
Also available is Tomaz Kac's version for Spectrum +2A/+3 and DivIDE/MB-02 owners:
OLD = load from tape
RUN = start loaded tape
NMI button = hard break
Symbol-R = soft reset
cursor keys = joystick control